FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) by Fortinet, featuring advanced NP7 processors, are tailored for hybrid and hyper-scale data centres. These NGFWs consolidate multiple security functions like SSL inspection, web filtering, and intrusion prevention, reducing costs and complexity. They excel in inspecting traffic at high speeds, ensuring only legitimate traffic flows through, thus maintaining optimal network performance.
As part of the Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiGate NGFWs integrate seamlessly with other Fortinet solutions and third-party tools, enhancing security against known and zero-day threats. This integration, bolstered by AI-driven services like FortiGuard and FortiSandbox, streamlines security management and improves overall operational efficiency.
FortiGate provides flawless convergence that can scale to any location: remote office, branch, campus, data-centre, and cloud.
Features and benefits
Discover the cutting-edge capabilities of Fortinet Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), a cornerstone in modern cybersecurity. These NGFWs boast six key features, each designed to enhance network security and performance in today's digital landscape.
Advanced Threat Protection
- Fortinet NGFWs blend advanced features like IPS, antivirus, and web filtering for proactive threat detection and attack prevention.
Deep Packet Inspection
- FortiGate uses deep packet inspection to identify and block sophisticated threats, including malware and C&C communications, missed by traditional firewalls.
User identity awareness
- Fortinet NGFWs integrate with systems like Active Directory to enforce user-specific security policies, enhancing security and minimizing risks.
Scalability and performance
- Designed for high-speed traffic, Fortinet NGFWs offer high performance without sacrificing security, catering to modern networks' demands.
Integration with security ecosystem
- Fortinet NGFWs integrate with various security solutions, promoting a comprehensive security approach and improved threat response.
Application visibility and control
- Fortinet NGFWs enable detailed monitoring and management of network traffic based on specific applications, ensuring precise access and policy control.
Features and benefits
Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls
Fortinet has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls, recognised in the Magic Quadrant for the 13th time, and positioned with the highest Ability to Execute.
Fortinet are proud to produce the only next-gen firewall with Universal ZTNA, inline sandbox, and SOC-as-a-Service. Join CMO John Maddison for a fireside chat as he and Nirav Shah, VP of Products and Solutions, discuss the latest innovations in NGFWs.
Get in touch with our security experts
Our team is available for a quick call or video meeting. Let's connect and discuss your security challenges, dive into vendor comparison reports, or talk about your upcoming IT-projects. We are here to help.
Migration to FortiGate NGFW made easy
Fortinet's FortiConverter Service provides hassle-free migration to help organisations transition from a wide range of legacy firewalls to FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) quickly and easily. This automated service simplifies the transition process using proven migration methodologies that eliminate the time-consuming effort and human errors from manual conversion. See how FortiConverter Service can help organisations move to FortiGate NGFW with confidence and enjoy optimal network performance and security protection from the latest FortiOS technologies.
- Protect and connect your distributed edge with AI/ML-powered security and innovative convergence that includes secure SD-WAN.
- Gain visibility and protection for enterprise sites so you can manage applications, users, devices, and access in a single dashboard.
- Data centre
- Deploy hyperscale security with consistent, coordinated protection, rich interfaces, and decryption that scales to any environment.
- Protect your assets with rich macro- and micro-segmentation capabilities.
- Integrate public and private cloud protections with easy-to-manage automation in a single pane of glass.
- Extend FortiGate NGFW protection with SASE and protect users wherever they work.
Your dedicated Fortinet experts
Nomios UK is an award-winning Fortinet Partner with advanced specialities and the distinction of multiple certified engineers on staff. Our engineers are recognised by Fortinet as technical experts and advocates of Fortinet solutions. That means you can count on Nomios UK for the technical know-how and hands-on experience to accurately assess your business requirements, and design, implement and manage a Fortinet-based solution to suit your needs.