Secure your apps, wherever they reside
Deploy security services for every app, anywhere, without upfront investments in IT infrastructure and support.
Defense is the best offense
Cloud-delivered DDoS protection that detects and mitigates attacks before they reach your network infrastructure.
Silverline DDoS Protection is a managed, cloud-delivered protection service that detects and mitigates large-scale, SSL, or application-targeted attacks in real-time—defending your business from even those attacks that exceed hundreds of gigabits per second.
Stay online during an attack
- Real-time DDoS attack detection and mitigation in the cloud.
Defend against volumetric attacks
- Attack mitigation that features multi-terabit capacity.
Protect against DNS attacks
- Recognizes and stops DNS flood, reflection, and amplification attacks.
Layer 7 attack protection
- Identifies and stops HTTP flood and slowloris attacks, keeping your apps available.
L3-L4 DDoS protection
- Scrubs network level and signature-based attacks (TCP SYN, teardrop, smurf, and more).
Service and support
- F5 Security Operations Center experts are available 24x7, offering optimum service SLAs.
Attack mitigation insights
- Transparent attack mitigation visibility and reporting before, during and after an attack.
An efficient, hybrid DDoS solution
- Signalling between BIG-IP and Silverline enables rapid mitigation on-premises and in the cloud.
A cloud-based managed service or express self-service that protects web applications and data from ever-evolving threats, enables compliance, and includes 24x7 support.
Whether protecting applications on-premises or in the cloud, the Silverline WAF lets you augment your in-house resources and decrease operational expenses with a service that’s wholly set up, deployed, and maintained by certified experts in our Security Operations Centre.
App security and compliance
- Protection from layer 7 attacks, zero-day attacks, OWASP Top 10, and credential stuffing.
WAF experts at your service, 24x7
- Access to experts who build, monitor, and fine-tune policies to protect against threats.
Attack insights and intelligence
- Access real-time attack data and incorporate external intelligence to protect apps.
Operational and cost efficiencies
- Remove WAF management complexity, speed up policy deployment, reduce operational expenses.
Proactive bot defense
- Identifies malicious bots that bypass standard detection methods and mitigates threats.
Layer 7 denial of service protection
- Mitigations adapt to user interactions, enabling dynamic defences based on changing conditions.
Flexible, hybrid deployment
- Consistent web app security and user experience across data centres and multi-cloud.
- Signature detection of vulnerability exploit attempts, integration with third-party DAST tools.
Prevent fraud with bot detection
A managed security service that protects your web applications from automated bot attacks to prevent large-scale fraud, inflated operational costs, and friction for your end-users.
Silverline Shape Defense managed by the F5 Silverline Security Operations Centre (SOC), prevents large-scale fraud with account takeover protection and much more.
Blocks account takeovers
- Prevents fraudsters from rapidly testing stolen credentials on your login applications so they cannot take over accounts.
Mitigates carding fraud
- Stops criminals from using your checkout pages to validate stolen credit cards.
Prevents inventory hoarding
- Ensures your campaigns and most in-demand items are sold directly to your customers, not scalpers.
- Controls how scrapers and aggregators harvest data from your website, so you can protect sensitive data and manage infrastructure costs.
Protects loyalty programs
- Makes sure that gift card values, loyalty points and other stored values remain in your customers’ hands.
Reduces marketing fraud
- Ensures that your business analytics and marketing spend are driven by humans and not automated bots.
See exactly what’s going on
Silverline’s integrated portal provides a single pane of glass for you to get the most from managed and self-services, including configuration proxy and routing, visibility into threat details, actions SOC experts have taken, and attack analytics.
- Cost-efficient, flexible security
- Silverline protects against a variety of attacks, including DDoS, OWASP Top 10, and malicious bots. Your apps stay available and your security team can focus on what they need to do.
- Anytime, specialised support
- Silverline services include 24x7 access to our Security Operations Centre (SOC). We hire the hard-to-find, expert security professionals who use F5 products with state-of-the-art security tools to ensure the best protection possible.
- Cloud-based threat intelligence service
- As an add-on to Silverline DDoS or WAF services, Silverline Threat Intelligence integrates dynamic lists of threatening IP addresses to give context for policy decisions.
WAF F5 Networks
WAF technology needs to adapt now that apps are increasingly distributed
As workload deployments expand across diverse environments and app architectures, organisations want to be able to enforce consistent security controls across all applications, anywhere.
Frank Kyei-Manu from F5
ZTNA 1.0 vs ZTNA 2.0
ZTNA 2.0 provides a new era of secure access. It solves trust problems by removing implicit trust to help ensure organisations are properly secured.
Tips to stay cybersafe during your travels
Are you going on vacation or travelling for work? Make sure all your devices stay cybersafe during your travels. We give you tips on how to do this.
Jonas Walker from Fortinet